Debonding Fixed Appliances
- Debonding pliers and band fit kit
- Handpiece (single green), composite removing bur, rubber cup and prophy paste
- Modules and/or powerchain
NB A Composite removing bur is specially designed to cut composite, but not to cut enamel
- Using the debonding pliers - grip and squeeze a bracket until the bond fails, repeat for all brackets.
- Using band removing pliers remove the bands
- Isolate and dry the tooth (it makes it easier to see remaining composite)
- Using the handpiece and composite removing bir remove any remaining composite and glass ionomer. The composite removing burs are designed not to cut enamel, and must be used dry to prevent the bur clogging.
- Use the rubber cup and prophy paste to give a through prophylaxis to the tooth surfaces.
- Take impressions for study models and retainers.
Video of debonding
Video of band removal
Video of composite removal